Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Something familiar...love

Ok...as you know, I had a great opportunity this week, a great blessing.  Elder Russell M. Nelson came to our mission to spend a little time with us and to teach us.  I will try with all the power of my vocabulary and writing to describe how it went this week.  Then I will think about it, and try on expound a little bit more next week.  But I wanted to tell you some parts that I loved. 
Elder Nelson shared with us SO MANY THINGS.  The thing I loved most was that sometimes, or better, many times, it wasn't by only his words but more by what I felt from the Spirit.  He touched many subjects and he left us a LOT of homework (for that I will be sending you more next week) but something definite, is that he loves everyone he sees.  You could feel it, and it was a familiar feeling to me, something I had felt before.  I loved it and I think it was a lesson he taught, in and of itself.  If you are a TRUE disciple of Jesus Christ, people feel it.  Many knew when he had entered the building, when he entered the room, because you felt a difference.  At times, that is how people feel with us, as members, or as missionaries.  They FEEL that difference.  It is a love, a feeling, only the Lord can give and people can feel the difference.  I loved it and it is a goal I have to have that feeling with me. 
After, Elder Nelson talked about many things, but one thing I loved was this-- it is something I have learned and shared with you a 100xs but I will share it again because I love the subject.  It is the Lord's way verses man's way.  The Lord showed me something important...man's way, at times, is still what I like to do.  The man's way to show love, is by showing it-- giving hugs, cleaning dishes, making beds, and other things.  It is something I have done all my life.  Then, the Lord's way....  Leave them.  Leave your family in the care of the Lord, leave those thoughts, those things behind, and work with all your heart might mind and soul for the Lord.  He will make your family so much happier.   I was a witness of that.  I hope you all know that I do love you with all my heart, but I will not say that I have got stuck thinking about you guys, or got unfocused.  Something I have seen, is that in whatever I do, it isn't as effective, isn't as powerful, as the way the Lord can do it, whether it is for you, or for anyone else.  I can teach someone with the best words, the best acts, and everything else, but the one who teaches is the Spirit.  When a person decides to take that step to go to a quite place, to pray fervently, and to receive personal revelation from the Lord, the Spirit steps in.  I can't cause that.  I can't make the Spirit come.  It comes when there is a desire and the Spirit can teach.  I hope that is something you guys can understand about my work here.  I try to contact everybody, or share the gift with everybody, not because I want them to know it came from ME.  I want them, for once, in a very long time, to feel a Spirit they were so familiar with before...that is what the point is.  Because I don't/ can't convert the people.  The Lord converts them, to HIS church.  And I love that part.  All He requires of you, and of me, is to try, to give 110%.  And I am happy that is the Lord's way. I could never help you the way the Lord has helped you.  I am grateful....SO SO GRATEFUL. for that.  Elder Nelson shared so much more.  He shared with us many parts of doctrine.  But I think the scripture that came to my mind, that I love, is 2 Nephi 32:2-3...
2  Do ye not remember that I said unto you that after ye had received the Holy Ghost ye could speak with the tongue of angels? And now, how could ye speak with the tongue of angels save it were by the Holy Ghost?
 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.  
To be taught all things I must do.  I know this doesn't explain everything, not even a 100th part.  But I will organize a little bit more of my thoughts, and let you know next week.  I LOVE YOU EACH SO MUCH.  But the Lord loves you more.  I want you guys, your friends, my friends, my investigators, and the members of Colima to understand that.  Hope you have  great week. And that this serves for soemthing.
Love you tons!
Elder Goodman!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment