Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Greater Love

How are things in Colima? They are great!!!!!!! We are had a great week, and we are excited and happy with all the progress we have seen!
This week, I think one of the things we have seen that is most important is Love.  The Love that the Savior has for us and how we can share it with others.  Something very interesting, and I am sure you have seen, is that people, whoever they are, can feel love or the lack of, in the first sentence you say. 
As a missionary, it is something we have been working on understanding and it has changed many things!  I don't want you to think I have lost the love, but I have realized that I still lack a lot of understanding, with the perfect love that Christ has for each one of us.  So I changed my way of talking to the people.  Normally, I will just share a little of what goes on in my mind.  I see someone and I see them as 2 things... 

1. My brother or sister that doesn't know that they are my brother or sister.  
2. Seeing my brother or sister with our Father in Heaven, happy and with their family, for all eternity. 
It has been great, and to tell you the truth, it is such a success when they accept number  2...  and sad when they don't.  
But, this week a little change. 
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."So, that is what I decided to try and do.  Christ did a little bit different, but every time  saw someone, or taught someone, I started with that thought.... "I would be, and am, willing to give up everything for him/her, in order for them to understand."  It changed a little bit more the way I was going to contact people.  When it was that thought on my mind, my words were a little more chosen.  My way to teach HAD to be what the Lord would teach, and it was worth my life to do or say what my Savior would want me to say.  Now maybe, for you that is basic, I am not sure, but for me to even try and buy tortillas from someone,  that thought would come into my mind...there was nothing that could stop me from trying to teach that person with all my heart, or better, with a heart of the Lord.
I don't know why I am sharing this, but I want you to know it has changed my way of seeing others this week.  I study, I live, I breathe, and work for someone much greater.  I represent Him at all times.  And He would never ever count someone as a number, or another contact. I won't either. 
I hope it helps you guys understand a little bit more of my experience.  Every week, there are so many changes, so many things that happen...I am never sure what to share, but I feel like this is what I needed to share!
I love you. I LOVE you.   I hope you understand that.  I hope you have a great week.  And I hope you know that I love my Savior.  Hope you have a great week!
Love you tons!!!!!!

Elder Goodman
 We painted a caricature....they loved us 

 This is how the caricature turned out...

My friend!!!!


uh....paintings on the wall :)
(He is such a goof!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment