Thursday, June 18, 2015

To build a ship...

ok....I can't send the voice message I made....I will be sending it next week....
BUT, this week, I will write something....readable. hahahahahaha!

We have been invited to STRETCH as a mission and as a companionship.  To move out of our comfort zone, and work in a different way.  It reminds me of Nephi.  When the Lord said, "And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto me saying: Thou shalt construct a ship, after the manner which shall show thee, that may carry thy people across these waters" Even though we might say we know how to make a ship, it isn't the type of ship the Lord wants!  He wants us to do "after the manner He shows us" and it has been amazing.  This week we were with an investigator, M.... She has been listening to us for a while and she loves the Church.  But more importantly, she loves the way the teachings have changed her life.  This week, we saw her on Tuesday and she explained to us how she wanted others to see the blessings she had seen.   We shared that EVERYONE should hear the message, and she decided she wanted to bring someone else.  On Saturday, we saw her again and she brought her husband and her daughter.  Her husband had never wanted to hear our message before.  But now, he decided to give it a try and to listen.  As he listened, he understood why it was so important.  He said, "This is what I lack in my life."  He decided he wanted to change with all his family.  They decided to make that decision because the Lord worked within them.  Later in the week, we were talking with a contact.  It was a little different because we had felt the need to contact him.  We went up and told him why we were there.  As we explained that we were sent by the Lord, a child came up and said, "Hey....can you come to MY house? My dad needs you guys."  The contact just stood in shock, wondering how that had just happened, and then said, "Uh...I think the Lord sent you, please come by other day." As we went with the child, we met a wonderful family that also want to hear this message, and feel the joy they have seen their neighbors (members) feel!
Lastly, we have been searching in some lists of the ward.  The lists here contain 800 addresses.  We have to find them, who lives there, and who doesn't.  On Saturday, we weren't sure where we needed to be, we didn't have an exact plan.  So we asked the Lord, we looked in the Lists, and there was a person we didn't know, that lived close.   We went to visit him.  His name is A...  As we knocked, he opened the door and said, "Please come in, share me a message"  As we shared he said, "Missionaries came by about 6 months ago. I haven't gone to church in over a year.  I am having a hard time, and I asked the Lord for help, then you guys came."  The next day, he went to church.  Seriously, it has been amazing. These aren't things my companion or I do, but it is the work of the Lord.  He is wonderful, and He loves ALL His children.  He is ALWAYS aware of every single one.  I know that.  I love it, and it is amazing here!  The Lord will teach us but in HIS way.  It will then, not be a ship of men, but a ship of God, after the manner of God.  I love it! 
Hope you have a great week. and that this makes sense:)
I love you!!!!!
SERIOUSLY! I LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment