Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I love this kid!

MOMMMMMM you are going to kill me!  I tried to send the pics and it took forever so I can't write much, but I really wanted to let you know that here in Mexico, it is amazing. We are HASTENING THE LORD'S WORK DAY AND NIGHT.  My companion has recently told me that when he wakes up in the middle of the night, I am teaching lessons or contacting in my sleep.  So really, day AND night!  We are going crazy with two baptisms, that both fell through this last week... Israel and Ramona.  They are different families, but we were so excited for them!  Israel is a kid we found smoking marijuana and asked him what was going on!  We have taught him and he has changed his life completely!  But, his parents won't let him get baptized.  We are really going to be working and following the spirit with that situation this next week.  Ramona, she had to kick her husband out (because they aren't married, and he wants to go somewhere else if she gets baptized).  But he didn't show up.   We hope first, that he is ok, and second, that Ramona stays strong and can do what the Lord wants her to do.  I think the best things this week, were the promptings of the Spirit.  Every day, all day, we teach, follow our plans, and wait until the Spirit says we need to do something.  Searching in such a way has really changed the way we teach.  The investigators feel it.  They understand it.  And with these two examples, when they understand, they are willing to give up anything.  We have a less active family and they are preparing for the temple.... the Flores family.  
We asked a question that struck a chord, that I wanted to share it with you... "are we willing to give up EVERYTHING for the Gospel?"  We say yes, but God will not just take an answer, He will put us through the work.  He will work with us, guide us, and we will pass through trials that we never thought we would need, so that we can grow in that testimony.  We have to go MORE than we think we can.  That is what I learned... We have to go to the border where possible meets impossible.  We have to give 110%, and keep giving it.  Then, the Lord carries us OVER the boundry and into the impossible.  He is the only way.  It is impossible to live with my Father in Heaven, if I am not giving 110%, or without His help.  I can't reach any of the goals He has for me without Him, or my 110%.  That is what I think the Lord wants.  We give everything.... our family, our friends, our house, our food.  Or maybe to the point where it isn't our food, but the food of our family (harder for me) and the Lord says, "It is for your good."  I know that to be true.  I can't write much today, but I wanted to just share that with you guys.  When focusing on so many different people, it is hard to update you on all of them.  But the overlying lessons my companion and I learn help us to share it with others, and do it with a stronger Spirit.  Therefore, that means somebody, is really needing it right now.  Trials are pushing them to the limit, and they need to Gospel to continue.  That is why we talk to people.  That is what I want you all to know.  And I want you to know that I know the Gospel is true.  There is no fiber of my being that doubts it.  I know it with all my heart, and I will be the Lord's servant until the end because it is worth it.  I love this gospel.  I love my family.  I love my Father and the plan He has! 
Enjoy your week:) And remember that the trials now, don't compare to the millions of years AFTER this life, and this suffering....So don't ever sweat it:)
Love you! Hope this makes sense!
Elder Lincoln Ellis Goodman

 I FOUND DRPEPPER... FROM THE U.S. and I shared that with my companion.:)

 We baked the cake! Don't even ask me how... but we did it, and thank you so much! IT WAS GREAT!

My comp didnt believe that I had skill in crane games. So I won him one... in one try... he wanted to cry, and he thinks I am like superman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment