Tuesday, May 27, 2014

When it gets tough...


Sounds like everyone is wiped out this last week.  I hope you are all doing wonderful!  And really, I am so happy everyone is done with School!  That is crazyyyyyyy!
Ash and Liz...Congrats!  That is so great!  I am so happy for you guys!  Seriously!!!  That is so great!!!  Sorry I couldn't be there for your graduations!  But you were both SO BEAUTIFUL in the pics!  Seriously-- Stunning!! :)
This week, I will tell you, it was full of its up and downs to tell you the truth.  It was full of many uh....."learning" opprotunities:)  Sometimes, the Lord teaches us we need to change the way we are doing things when we get the same results.  It is a way of experimentation and growth that I have loved, and still don't understand perfectly. hahahahaa! 
Funny you asked mom... the truth?  We did get sick.  When I say we, I mean my comp and I:)  But because of ALL the knowledge I have about medicine;)  and my mom... I healed us both-- and we went to workkkkkk:)  It was wonderful!  Thanks for all the things you have taught me mom!
Also, wonderful trials of the world are making it a little bit of a challenge for some of our investigators to continue progressing:)  Ramona, who was supposed to get baptized this week, ran into challenges.  Her husband, who isn't married to her, but who wants to leave, told her he is going to stay in the house another year.  She can't get baptized until he leaves. She came to us, crying, saying she wouldn't be able to be clean of her sins and sharing with us how she would have to wait another year to be baptized!  We felt the spirit super strong as we comforted one of our sisters and a daughter of God when she thought she wouldn't be able to go on any longer.  The Lord is putting her at her limits.  But it is because she will see the difference in the end.  We also have been having struggles.  I know I am usually so happy, but we have seen some people start to give up, or when no one answers us... that we, as a companionship just end up saying "man, what are we doing wrong?"  But the Lord has always blessed us.  I think there are two lessons this week.  The first has to do with the last. That we sometimes don't feel capable to do the things the Lord needs of us.  The truth is, we aren't.  BUT, the Lord will help you, if you are trying your best.  Through Christ, you will BECOME capable.  That is the point.  Reminds me of 1  Sam 16:7 (But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.)  There is no reason for us to say we aren't able to do something.  We judge by the eyes of men.  God's judgement, is so much higher, and he sees so much more.  No matter the day,  no matter the darkest hour, the Lord is aware.  And He is hoping you learn so that you progress in this life-- Day by day...week by week. 
The second thing is that we recieve the things we need most, when we need them. This week wasn't that great, but the thing I learned, is what Christ did in the darkest hours of his life. He turned outward. He didn't pray only for himself. He looked for somebody to serve.  And that makes all the difference.  There were people this week, who NEEDED with their whole soul two missionaries who were humbled and listening to the spirit.  Now, not saying we were perfectly humble, but we were looking, and praying for a way to help somebody, and we recieved the answers.  
I know that this also is a short letter, I am so sorry. But know that whatever you are passing through, you will make it... Heleman 5:12 (And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon therock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.)  Doesn't say we will be exempt from the fiery darts or whirlwinds of the adversary. But that we will be able to make it through them.  Not easily, but with a foundation on a rock, our Savior, Jesus Christ.  So whatever or whenever something is happening, dig into that rock.  It isn't easy, but it is sure.  And it is the sturdiest place you will ever have. 
I have a testimony of Jesus Christ.  I know he is the person we need to be like.  I know that this is His church and that the things I have learned in this church, I would never learn anywere else.  I love you all so much.  Enjoy the summer:)  I hope this letter helps somebody. hahahaha! 
Love you all! Enjoy the week!
Love
Elder Lincoln Ellis Goodman

Those of you that know Lincoln pretty well, knows he would always text a scripture every night to his contacts.  He sent some more, to get you through :)
1 Sam 16:7, 1 Sam 17:45-46, Amos 3:7, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 1:18....TOTALLY Lincoln!!


No comments:

Post a Comment