Friday, June 6, 2014

Live what you preach!

I had to include this little inter-change between my oldest and youngest....totally makes me laugh every time!! Lizzie gets so excited to write Lincoln and I type EXACTLY what she tells me :)
(from Lizzie)
Dear Elder Lincoln,
How was your day been going?  I have 2 boyfriends...Nash, Cruzer, and Landen.  I am meeting this guy named Mark, they guy who is coming at our house for Faye.  And I hope you are doing good on your mission.  I am going to kindergarten and I have swim lessons.  Will you still read books when you come back?  I know some of words...I, the, am, is --then I have this word...why, my,are.  
I love you!
Lizzie loves Lincoln

Liz!
My day is great!! Thanks! I count 3 boyfriends?! And why 3?! It is better if you have 0..:) Who is Mark? Is he cute? And punch him for me, he shouldn't touch Faye! I am doing so good! And WOW! You are going to kindergarten! Congrats! How are swim lessons? Let's go swimming when I come back!!!! And We will SOO read books. LOTS. And wow, you can read, and are doing so well!!!! I love you sooooooo much!
Love,
Elder Goodman:)


Now for Lincoln's Letter....

WHAT UUP FAM BAM?!
SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST THERE AT GIRLS CAMP!  I hope you guys had a great time!  Seriously! Sounds like it was a party and had great activites:)  I hope you guys enjoyed a ton and that it was a great start to the summer!
This week, we have had some great uh...learning experiences...hahaha:)  We have been working hard and finding many new investigators, and also helping all the others progress and go to church!!!  This week, we have found a blessing, and his name is Victor.  Victor is an investigator working really hard to change.  About a month ago he was a drug addict and didn't have a house.  He was a soul that really was lost.  He has done 180 degree turn.  The Lord and the atonement have changed him completely. He is now reading the Book of Mormon every day.  He has a testimony of who he is, and he is working to be better.  He has been working so hard, and we are so happy for him!  We found him one day in the street, he talked to us, and we found out his cousin was a member in our area.  We talked to him, and he had many challenges.  But then he passed through some choice challenges.  The Lord put him through the trials to humble him, and then Victor listened to us.  He says that before he would try and hit missionaries in the street....and I am glad he didn't do that when he saw me:) hahahaha!  Maybe it is because I am so big and muscly that he was afraid ;)  But really it was a blessing.  Now, he is planning on getting baptized!  The reason I wanted to share this with you is because it made me think.  Victor was at ground zero.  He couldn't get any lower.  So, he accepted and used the atonement of Jesus Christ completely.  He has HAD to depend and change completely. Then I was thinking of me.... As a missionary, people have tendency of thinking that I think I am perfect or that we have very few faults. Or as members of the church, that we use the atonement when we worry or have big sins to take care of.  But it is more...we need to use it every day.  The goal is to be better the next day than you were today.  As missionaries, we have goals, we work hard.  We have to figure out how to better our teaching, better our area, and better our lives every day.  How can we testify to someone of the way the atonement of Christ can change their lift if I am not using it every day?!  So this week, I wanted to send that message.  Later in the week, the family Flores were supposed to have one of their kids baptized.  He was so ready, but his dad changed his mind.  We faced some challenges, but he will be baptized this next week!  His dad is again, also at ground zero.  But the hope is in Christ. It is in our message, that is the difference.  Many churches teach about Him, our Savior, and how through Him we can be saved.  The truth is that we can be saved, but it is only though faith on His name(1).  We have to repent of our sins and depend on Him(2).  By committing to get baptized  by someone who has the authority so we can be washed clean(3)!  Without the atonement, there is no help.  Then be able to receive the purifying power of the Holy Ghost(4), to help us continue changing, and to be better.  And last, is persevering(5).  I know that the Church is so true. It is based off these 5 aspects.  That is our message.  There is a chance for everyone, and if we want to testify to others, we must use the atonement ourselves!  I love you tons. 
Love you all tons! Enjoy your week:) Remember your Savior.:)
Elder Lincoln Ellis Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment