Monday, July 27, 2015

Not our will, not our time...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!! Thank you soooooo much for all you do! I love you all SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! This week has been so awesome!!!!!
So this week, the Lord has been teaching me, and it has really been such a miracle:)  I love seeing how the Lord hastens His OWN work.  I know maybe I have said that like 5 billion times, but it is something that He changes, and He works in ways I might never understand, but we just have to have the faith:)
This week we have been talking with an investigator, M.... She has been going to church for about a month and a half.  She was going to get baptized a while ago, but she backed out because of some doubts and problems she was having.  She wasn't sure about a lot of things, and her family was a little mad because she was going to be "Mormon".  Well, we have been working with her these last weeks.  She has been changing, little by little.
BUT, the miracles come after the trial of our faith:)  As she was between the days we were visiting her, she asked the Lord what she should do and He answered.  Not just one time, but MANY times, in ways WE never would have been able to.  When we visited M..., we were ready to ask, to help, and to strengthen once again.  But after we finished the prayer she said "Elder, I want to get baptized."  We just stood there in shock.  We didn't know why, we didn't know how, but she decided.  Then  she added, "The sooner the better."  She decided to get baptized this last week on Saturday:)  On Sunday she bore her testimony and she said, "I'm not just Mormon, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, and if someone has a problem with that, they can go right ahead and have a problem with that."  It was one of the sweetest testimonies I have ever heard and it touched my heart.  So many people don't understand, it isn't about the missionaries.  It isn't about a church.  It is about our loving Heavenly Father who has a plan and who wants us to live with him again. We take upon us the name of Christ and that changes everything.
I know this is short. But I want you to know how much I love you. I KNOW THIS IS THE LORD'S WORK, AND HE HASTENS IT IN HIS TIME. 
I love you all so much:)
Love,
Elder Goodman!

 It has been a little rainy :)

 We taught the primary kids about missionary work!  Best class ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment