Thursday, July 24, 2014

Like a Child...

FAMILIA!
Hey! How are you guys?! How are vacations!? I am so happy to see all of you in pictures:)  I love you all tons!  Hope you know that!!!!!!!  Seriously!
This week was great...and full of the Spirit:)  We are sooooooooo happy.
This week started out great!  We found 2 great investigators.  Ramon and his son Edward. They were a reference from a recently activated family!  They were so happy and had been going to church a few times before we were able to visit them.  When we saw them, the child, Edward, said "Dad! Now I think I can get baptized!"  Ramon was flabbergasted and asked, "What is baptism?"... But going to primary had already taught Edward what baptism was and why it was important.   We were happy to explain to Ramon at that point.  We talked about why we should get baptized, and what it is so important.  Ramon realized that the Spirit had touched his son's heart, and it was great:)  We are now visiting them, and hope to give you an update this next week on what is going on with them.:)
Also, we found a friend at the baptism of Valentina the other week.  Her name is Lupita and she is 15 years old.  She wanted to feel the love of God, and it was perfect timing.   Last week was FSY, or EFY (Especially For Youth).   And guess what?! SHE WENT EVERY DAY--  THE WHOLE WEEK!  She was so happy and excited to see and feel the love and hope of the gospel:)
And lastly, we are teaching a new family that was also recently activated.  They told us to come to their house, so we went, only to find another family there!  They said "Hey, we want you to help this family like you helped us."  The other family freaked out, saying it was a trap and a whole bunch of stuff....hahaha!  But it was a great experience to see:)  We eventually convinced them we were regular people and taught them a message, and they are going to go to church this next week:)
I think the best thing is this. The whole week was influenced by children.... hahahaha!  Crazy but true.  Reminds of a  scripture in Mosiah 3.19 "...For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a childsubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." -- Acting in the way God would have us act.  I have noticed as we teach, that the people want to be more like Christ, more like children, as they immerse themselves more fully in the Gospel.  It is a thing I love.  And I saw this week. We are all children of our Heavenly Father, so we should therefore, be humble and meek like children.  We don't know anything compared to what He knows.  We have no power, like He has.  But He is our Father.  He helps us and He wants us to help His other sons and daughters.  My mind of course went to Lizzie...in the way she is ALWAYS happy, she is always sharing the gospel, and she is always trying to make others happy.  She is always trying to get to know others, and she listens to whatever you tell her...(at least when I left) . So that is what I hope we can do.  We look to make others happy and we ask our Father in Heaven, "What do you want me to do today?"  I love that!  I hope that doesn't seem preachy or something, just the things I learned this week.  I have to be more like a child.  I have to find more ways to be better.  I have to be more humble.  And when I do that, I can become a child of God, the child God wants me to be:)  The work is hastening!  The field is white, already to harvest!  And I love it!!  I love the Gospel.  I know it is true!  I am so happy I can bring my brothers and sisters to see the same things in their lives!!!  Love you all:)  Hope you are great!  All in my prayers!
Love,
Elder Goodman!!
 ...Since he mentioned her--to be "like Lizzie".  This little girl sure loves AND adores her big brother...I think the feeling is mutual :)


 We had a crazy storm...it took out all the trees in our area...haha!! Now there is no more shade!

 Elder Zarate was finishing his mission...so I made a little ceremony of giving him a CTR ring, how cute, right? :)



This is Jennifer, one of our converts here!!....I still think girls have cooties if you can't tell by the pics! haha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment