Wednesday, April 1, 2015

For all walks of life!

Mom! 
thank you SO SO SO MUCH for always writing.  I love it.  And I love hearing from you. 
LIFE HERE IS GREAT.  We are working hard here in Guzman.  Seriously, it has been wonderful.  The people, like I told you last week, are still on fire!  They are awesome!  I love it!
Mom, just to let you know, I have not had even 1 day in my mission when I didn't have an amazing experience.  It is a 100% true that statement.  I know that although I can't tell you ALL of it, I will one day and I will let you all know the things that happened. For right now, you gotta just have patience with me and my 2 or three stories!
This week, we taught the Gospel to all ages, classes, and walks of life.  It has been AMAZING.
We will start out with Hermano J.... I know...a little generic, but think of him as the grandpa. He is about 90 years old.  He can't walk much.  He can't hear.  He can't see.  BUT, he wanted to listen to the missionaries.  His daughter, R..., is a convert of a few years and he hadn't wanted to listen until he had gotten sick.  Right now, he needs help and he has decided to change.  So, we went and visited him.  Now, like I said, he can't hear very well and he has had the same traditions for 90 years.  BUT, as he listened to our little message, he decided that there was something he is missing.  That he hasn't done it all yet.  We felt the Spirit testify as he spoke, as we taught, and his daughter bore testimony of how the Church has helped her.  At the end, he decided he wants to get baptized.  Let me tell you, that wasn't two missionaries, it was the Lord, communicating with HIS children --HIS will!
After that, I was happy, beyond happy, I was estactic!  But I got to go to the opposite end of the age line.  I had an interview with a wonderful Sister Y... She is 10 years old, just starting. She had the desire to be baptized.  She has helped reactivate her family, she reads the scriptures, and is ALWAYS determinded to go to church EVERY Sunday.  As we talked, she bore testimony of how she wanted to make her Heavenly Father Happy.  She felt that by being baptized in THIS church, that would be the thing He would want her to do.  It was again, a humbling and wonderful experience to be with someone, who with only 2 months of listening and understnding the gospel, she has changed herself, her family, and her future family.  I loved it. 
And lastly, just for the middle age... I sent you a pic of a family home evening.  We are working with an investigator named J...C.... and he is awesome.  He decided to invite a family to the family home evening.  They were ages ranging from 2-50 and we planned an activity where ALMOST everyone could participate:)  But the most special, was that this other family, J..., A.., M.., and V..., said they wouldn't listen to missionaries.  As they gave us 10 minutes to talk and let the spirit teach them, they changed their minds.  At the end, A... said, "I have wanted to feel a hug from my Lord for a few months now...I didn't know how. Now, thanks to you Elders, I know how. THANK YOU."  It changed my life.  This week, we taught many people.  We always do:)  The thing is, we don't always know their backround, their stories, their challenges.  Even if we listened for 5 hours we wouldn't know! But the spirit does know, and the Lord does too.  This is HIS work.  We have seen it in so many ways.  EVERY DAY MOM. 
I love you guys.  I want you to know, it isn't important who it is, or how old they are, SOMEBODY needs the Gospel this week! Everyone needs it!  It is applicable to everybody:)
I love you guys!  Sorry I can't write more, but I loved this week, and every week!  Hope you have a great week!  Love you!
Prayers and love your way!
Love,
Elder Goodman!!!
 A little car...maybe they will let us use one of these for proselyting??

 A member of the ward!  Great helper in the work!

The Snow...

 Grape juice in a bottle...amazing!!


 BBQ...Mexico style

fhe

No comments:

Post a Comment