Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sacrifice...

MOM! 
Well sorry not much time, but today we WENT TO THE TEMPLE!   I was SO EXCITED!   I loved it!!! But I don't have much time to share with you guys.
Today, just wanted to share with you guys some wonderful experiences we had this week. 
The whole week we have been working hard.  I don't know everything about this area very well because I have only had a little bit of time here, but I am working hard and learning the fastest possible way so that my Companion won't have to worry:)
We have some wonderful people.  First, is M... and her daughter.  They have been listening to the missionaries for awhile, but have not been able to go to church.  As we taught THIS week, we decided to try and figure out how to help in the best way.  As we expained the Gospel of Jesus Christ, she was touched by the Spirit and started to cry.  She said she wanted to change things, that she felt wonderful and she wanted to feel it more often.  She wanted to show her Heavenly Father how much she loved Him.  The way she wanted to do that was by going to church and it didn't matter what sacrifices she had to make! And...she was able to go!
Another experience, we had M..., who works every Sunday.  But, she decided also that she wanted to sacrifice a little more.  She worked 5 hours extra Saturday so that she could go to church, and go to work a little bit later on Sunday.   She did it and she loved it!! :)
And finally, R... She also has been working on things, and is doing wonderfully.  Sadly, she fell and broke her arm on Saturday.  Even though that happened, and she was really tired on Sunday, she decided to show her love for the Savior and go to church!
I was thinking about these families.  These people who decided to sacrifice and change, when they understood the love God has for them, and WHY it is so important.  That is what happened and I am working on exactly that... Jesus Christ showed me His love through His sacrifice, and I want to do the same.  With the video 'Because He Lives', I have loved what it teaches.  Jesus Christ changes everything and we just have to accept and sacrifice a little in order to show Him our love.  So that is what I am doing:)  Just wanted to share a little of what is going on here.  It is REAL, it is AMAZING!  It is something I love.  
Hope you guys have a great week:)

Love you tons!
Elder Goodman!




No comments:

Post a Comment